25 June 2013
Greetings! We wish to inform you of the school’s guidelines on the suspension of classes due to typhoons and other calamities.
AUTOMATIC SUSPENSION OF CLASSES
By virtue of Presidential Executive Order 66, CLASSES shall be automatically suspended, without need for any announcement from the school or the Department of Education, in the following situations:
- When Typhoon Signal #1 is raised by PAGASA, only classes in the Kinder level are suspended.
- When Typhoon Signal #2 is raised by PAGASA, classes in the Kinder, Grade School and High School levels are suspended.
SUSPENSION OF CLASSES IN OTHER CASES
- In the absence of typhoon signal warnings from PAGASA, suspension of classes in both public and private schools, will be implemented by the LGU and/or the local government head such as the mayor.
- In the case of cancellation of classes during the day, or for the afternoon session, the dismissal schedule below will be followed:
Announcement is made BEFORE 9:30 AM
Announcement is made AFTER 9:30 AM
Announcement is made AFTER 12:30 PM
|Kinder||9:30 AM||10:00 AM||2:00 PM|
|Grade 1||9:45 AM||10:10 AM||2:15 PM|
|Grades 2-4||10:00 AM||11:30 AM||1:50 PM|
|Grades 5-6||10:30 AM||12:00 PM||2:15 PM|
|Grades 7-8||10:45 AM||12:45 PM||2:50/3:00 PM (regular dismissal, NO 3-4 PM class)|
|High 1-4||11:05 AM||1:45 PM||2:50/3:00 PM (regular dismissal, NO 3-4 PM class)|
- In the event that the suspension of classes is announced before 7:30 AM and your sons are already in school, please fetch them immediately.
- No indiscriminate and hurried withdrawal of students shall be permitted on such occasions to enable the school authorities to implement safety measures for all students. The procedure for dismissal during regular days will still be followed i.e. assigned exit gates, use of fetcher’s card, exit I.D., etc.
- When classes are suspended, the school authorities will exert every effort to inform the parents of the dismissal time through the Xavier Mobile (school’s SMS service), telephone brigade, or the school website.
If no order for the suspension of classes has been issued, parents have the ultimate responsibility for determining whether their children should go to school, taking into consideration the health and safety of their children.
RESUMPTION OF CLASSES
- Classes shall resume the following day unless otherwise announced by the Department of Education or school authorities.
- In the event of suspension of classes during examination days, the sequence of tests as originally specified will be followed when classes resume, i.e. if Quarterly Test Day 1 is suspended, tests scheduled for Day 1 will be administered when classes resume.
You may follow us on http://facebook.com/xavierkuangchi or http://twitter.com/xvrschl to keep abreast of important school announcements. You may also subscribe to our XMobile SMS to get school alerts and reminders.
Thank you for your attention to these important matters.
Ms. Aimee A. Apolinario Mrs. Jane C. Cacacho
Grade School Principal High School Principal
Fr. Aristotle C. Dy, S.J.
Download PDF version of this circular with return slip.