11 June 2013
Dear H4 Students and Parents,
We would like to inform you that the University of the Philippines will soon begin processing applications for School Year 2014 – 2015. As we have done in the past, we will help you facilitate your applications.
The following schedule and procedures shall be observed for the UPCAT application:
- Submit the reply slip of this letter and pay to the Accounting Office the application fee of P550 (P450 application fee, P100 processing fee for grades form). Accounting Office will start accepting payments on Thursday, June 13. Additional payment schedule is set on June 18, Tuesday.
N.B. a. For those making check payments, please make all checks payable to
b. For those who secured UPCAT forms already, please pay only for the
processing fee of P100 to the Accounting Office.
2. Present the Official Receipt of Payment to the Registrar’s Office for recording. This will be the basis of the school in distributing the UPCAT application forms. NO RECEIPT, NO FORM.
- The application form will be given to the student upon the presentation of the receipt to the Registrar’s Office. UP Form No. 2 Secondary School Record (maroon) will be pulled out from the envelope so that it can be accomplished by the Registrar’s Office. Those who secured their application from UP should submit UP Form No. 2 to the Registrar’s Office with no marks on it.
4. READ THE APPLICATION DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING OUT THE APPLICATION FORM.
- Submit the following to the Class Adviser on or before TUESDAY, 18 JUNE 2013:
■ Completely and correctly accomplished U.P. Form No. 1 (UPCAT Application for Freshman Admission) (green, back to back) using black or blue pen / ball pen.
■ Four pieces of 2×2 recent, identical pictures (taken within the last six (6) months) with printed name and signature at the back. Please STAPLE one picture on U.P. Form No. 1 and submit the remaining 3 pictures to be used for U.P. Form 2 and Test Permit.
■ For students with annual gross family income of P100,000 or less: 2010 Income Tax Returns (ITR) or BIR certifications of earning members of the family (Photocopy Only).
■ For transfer students: original or signed and certified eligible photocopy of the Permanent Secondary School Record / Transcript of Records (High School Form 137) from the previous school attended and certified true copy of Government Recognition or Government Permit of each private school attended.
■ For retained students: original or signed and certified eligible photocopy of the Permanent Secondary School Record / Transcript of Records (High School Form 137).
PLEASE BE REMINDED THAT ALL APPLICATION FORMS WITH INCOMPLETE DATA OR REQUIREMENTS WILL BE RETURNED. ERASURES / CORRECTION SHOULD BE COUNTERSIGNED.
The UPCAT will be administered on AUGUST 3 and 4 at U.P. Diliman, Quezon City. The morning session starts at 6:30 am and the afternoon session at 12:30 pm. The Test Permit will be distributed by the Class Adviser two (2) days before the actual scheduled examination.
Please observe the prescribed procedures and follow the given schedule to help us facilitate the processing of your application efficiently.
MRS. JANE C. CACACHO