13 August 2013
Dear Parents of H4 IBDP Students,
Please take note of the following special schedule for H4 IB students this week and next, during the non-IB QT days. This has been adjusted in light of the recent cancellation.
Wednesday, August 14: Regular Schedule
Students will follow the regular student schedule on Wednesday, which will be Day 2. Students will have a special pre-field trip orientation at the MPC from 3:00 – 4:15pm.
Thursday, August 15: IB Field Trip
Background and Objectives
H4 students will have their IB field trip to the Ateneo de Manila University library and to the Pinto Art Gallery in Antipolo. The trip is designed to help students achieve the following objectives:
- allow students to apply lessons and insights from the Theory of Knowledge class to explore Filipino art and culture (all students)
- enable students to do research for their extended essays (all students)
- provide Visual Arts students inspiration for their workbooks and studio art (IB Visual Arts students)
- help History students find appropriate materials for their internal assessments (IB History students)
- challenge Business students to do a simple market research activity during lunch at Ateneo (IB Business and Management students)
Students will be divided into two groups. The groupings will be posted on Managebac. All students are expected to be at Xavier by 7:15am and are expected to be back at Xavier by 5:30pm. Please be reminded that students are to be picked up and dropped off only at Xavier.
7:15 – 8:30am: Travel to Antipolo
8:30 – 11:30am: Tour the galleries
11:30 – 12:15pm: Travel to Ateneo
12:15 – 1:15pm: Eat lunch in JSEC (and do marketing research)
1:25 – 4:30pm: Tour and research time in Ateneo Library
4:30 – 5:30pm: Travel back to Xavier
7:15 – 8:00am: Travel to Ateneo
8:00 – 11:15am: Tour and research time in Ateneo Library
11:15 – 12:15pm: Eat lunch in JSEC (and do marketing research)
12:15 – 1:00pm: Travel to Antipolo
1:00 – 4:00pm: Tour the galleries
4:00 – 5:30pm: Travel back to Xavier
Attire and Materials:
Students should come in complete school uniform (with school ID) for the duration of the field trip. Snacks will be provided along with Php 70 pesos for lunch. Since students may wish to buy more food for lunch, they may bring up to the usual Php 500 for spending money.
Students should also bring the following:
- ball pens and worksheets (for TOK and any other subjects)
- a printed list of Extended Essay sources
- VA workbooks (for Visual Arts students only)
- extra undershirt
- camera (optional)
- small bag for personal belongings
Students should NOT bring:
- Macbooks. Students should do online research prior to going to the library and print a list of sources that they want to access and photocopy
- PSPs, iPods, gaming devices, or other unnecessary gadgets.
- expensive watches, jewelry, or other valuable items
- cell phones
Please signify that you permit your son to join this activity by completing and submitting the reply slip below.
Friday, August 16: Extended Essay and CAS day
All students will be working on their Extended Essays in the morning. They are expected to report to the MPH at 7:30am.
Students will be dismissed at 11:00am, UNLESS they have signed up for the following CAS activities:
- Greenhills West Mural Painting
- ERDA Tech
- Gawad Kalinga
Students who have signed up for any one of these activities will be dismissed at 5:00pm, and a separate circular will be sent to parents of those students.
Monday and Tuesday, August 19-20: Special Schedule of Classes
H4 students will have a special schedule of classes with 50-minute periods. The exact schedule of classes, times, and venues will be posted on Managebac.
Students are expected to report to their advisory section (venue to be posted on Managebac) at 7:30am. Dismissal will be at 3:00pm on both days.
Thank you for your continued support!
Mr. Brian C. Maraña Mrs. Jane C. Cacacho
IBDP Coordinator High School Principal