August 16, 2013
Dear Parents of Kinder to Grade 6 Students,
Greetings! All students from Kinder to Grade 6 are enjoined to support the annual Newspaper Drive of the GS Student Council, the proceeds of which go to its various outreach programs and projects. Below are the guidelines to be observed during the drive.
- Newspapers, white paper, boxes/cartons, magazines and telephone directories may be brought to school within the week allotted for each grade level. Shredded papers will not be accepted.
- The schedule is as follows:
- Grade 1 and Grade 5 — September 2-6, 2013
- Grade 2 and Grade 4 — September 9-13, 2013
- Kinder, Grade 3 and Grade 6 — September 16-20, 2013
(Kindly follow this schedule otherwise we will not credit the delivered materials to your son’s class.)
- All materials MUST BE BUNDLED AND PROPERLY LABELLED. Each bundle must indicate the student’s name, grade and section to ensure proper crediting.
- Students are advised to leave the materials at the drop-off areas in Gates 4, 6 and 9. The cut-off time is 12:00 noon on Fridays. XS janitors will bring all materials to the storage area. Classrooms cannot be used as a storage area for the materials.
- Gate 4 will serve as a drop-off point for bulk deliveries (i.e., a van/truck full of newspapers) from 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 noon only. Advance notice should be given to the SAP Office or the Security Office in order to ensure that the delivery will not affect traffic adversely.
- Weighing will be done every Friday from 5:00 p.m. onwards. Official winners will be announced the following Monday during the General Assembly.
- Winners will be determined by the total number of kilos brought in and not by the corresponding monetary amount raised by the section. There will be 2 winners per grade level. The winners will receive prizes:
1st Prize: Certificate + Ice Cream party for the class
2nd Prize: Certificate + Pizza Party for the class
For questions and clarifications, please contact Mr. Aude or Ms. Ruiz (GS SAP) at local 252.
Thank you for your usual support and cooperation.
Mr. Rey Francis B. Aude
GS SAP Coordinator