The High School Student Council Blue & Gold Committee will be holding the annual Pep Rally for the high school community on Thursday, August 29, 2013 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM at the Competition Court of the Fr. Rafael Cortina, SJ Sports Center and various sports venues.
In line with this, students are reminded of the following:
- Wear a Xavier t-shirt (P.E. Shirt, Mighty, or Brand X) during the Pep Rally.
- They may create support banners or posters for the different sports teams or a specific athlete who is a member of the advisory or mentoring group.
- Support the teams and athletes by cheering for them throughout the program.
- Dismissal on that day will be at exactly 4:00 PM.
The faculty and staff are also reminded of the following:
- Wear the official faculty and staff Xavier polo shirt during the Pep Rally.
- Class Advisers should accompany their advisory class from the homeroom to the Sports Center.
- Stay with the class during the entire Pep Rally from the program proper to the exhibition games.
- Help maintain order and discipline throughout the program.
- Promote sportsmanship by encouraging the students to cheer and not to jeer.
Pep Rally schedule:
|August 29, 2013|
|1:30 PM (H2-4)
1:50 PM (Grade 9)
1:45 PM (Grade 7 & 8)
|Assembly of athletes at Sports Center|
|1:30 PM||H2, H3, H4: Assembly of students in classrooms
Grade 9: Assembly at 1:50 PM
Grades 7 & 8: Assembly at 1:45 PM
|1:40 PM – 1:55 PM||Troop movement to the Sports Center|
|2:00 PM||Start of Program Walk Without Fear: Pep Rally 2013|
|2:00 PM – 2:10 PM||Opening Number by Guest Pep Squad|
|2:10 PM – 2:20 PM||• Introduction and Entrance of Athletes• Dance Performance of Athletes|
|2:20 PM – 2:30 PM||Practice of Xavier School Cheers|
|2:30 PM – 2:40 PM||Message by Guest Athlete|
|2:40 PM – 2:43 PM||Oath of Sportsmanship by Athletes|
|2:43 PM – 2:45 PM||Oath of Support by HS Community led by SC|
|2:45 PM – 2:48 PM||Blessing of the Athletes|
|2:48 PM – 2:55 PM||• Singing of Luceat Lux• Torch Relay and Lighting by Team Captains|
|2:55 PM – 2:56 PM||Declaration of the Opening of the Sports Season|
|2:56 PM – 3:00 PM||Troop Movement to Sports Venues|
|3:00 PM – 3:55 PM||Exhibition games by Xavier School Varsity Teams|
|3:55 PM||End of Program|
After the Pep Rally, from 3-4 pm, there will be exhibition games highlighting the skills and talents of the varsity athletes. Exhibition games shall be held in the following events:
Basketball, Badminton, Fencing, Football (Futsal), Swimming (Water Polo) and Volleyball.
Go Xavier Go!