Date: 2 July 2014
To: The Xavier School San Juan Community
From: The School President
Re: New Football Program Head
I would like to announce that effective today, Mr. Miguel David will be the school’s Football Program Head, with the following roles and responsibilities:
• oversee football club and varsity activities;
• coordinate with Head Coach and other coaches regarding training program;
• liaise with football varsity parents for any concerns;
• represent football community in Athletics Council;
• attend league meetings of RIFA;
• coordinate with the GS and HS PE Departments in implementing a basic program in football as part of PE;
• envision the growth of the football program and marshal resources towards this growth;
• coordinate the use of the football field.
Mr. David has been playing football since his student days at Xavier School. He is a founding member of the Xavier School Football Club and continued his interest in the sport beyond university days, earning a master’s degree in Management, Law and Humanities of Sport from the International Centre for Sport Studies in Europe. He has also trained and worked with the Asian Football Confederation, United Football League, and the Philippine Football Federation.
With his extensive background and experience in football, Mr. David is eminently qualified to oversee the school’s football program.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Arnold Acero for his years of service in this role (formerly referred to as the Xavier Football Manager).
With the appointment of a separate Program Head, Coach Wilhelm Laranas will now focus on being Head Coach, with oversight over all technical training needs of the players. He will also supervise all the football coaches.
On July 19, Saturday, 9:00 a.m., at the Sports Center Function Room, Mr. David will preside at an orientation session for all football varsity parents. Important sections of the school’s football manual will be highlighted.
Thank you very much.
Fr. Aristotle C. Dy, SJ