05 September 2014
We are pleased to announce the soft opening of the new Xavier Multi-level Pay Parking Facility on September 8, Monday. This facility was built in response to the growing public clamor from the different sectors of the San Juan community, for the school to come up with a solution to address the traffic congestion and parking problems in the Xavier-ICA vicinity during class days.
This car park is equipped with 100 parking bays and is exclusively for the use of the members of the Xavier community from Monday to Friday from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm. Only vehicles with the current Xavier car sticker will be allowed to park inside the facility and drop off and pick up their ward/student. Other students are advised to continue using the other access gates such as 10, 14A, 3, 4, 6 and 8 for drop off or pick up.
As this is a soft opening, parking will be FREE for the meantime. The same parking rates being charged by the San Juan City government for street parking, will apply when the car park is fully operational. It is our hope that by the end of the month or early October, Smartpark Solutions, Inc., a professional car park management operator commissioned by the school, will be ready to manage and operate this facility with all the requisite government permits.
For your guidance, we are furnishing you with the guidelines and policies that will govern the use of this car park (see below). Except for the parking fees, these will be implemented even during the period covering the soft opening.
1) OPERATING HOURS : 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM
2) PARKING FEES : P30.00 for the first three (3) hours
P10.00 every hour in excess of 3 hours
Free if stay is 20 minutes or less.
STRICTLY NO OVERNIGHT PARKING!
3) CUSTOMERS/USERS : MONDAY to FRIDAY
Exclusive for Xavier Community (but only for vehicles with the current Xavier
School Car Sticker)
Members of the Xavier Community; School Visitors/Guests on a “First Come,
First Served” basis
4) The vehicle owner/driver agrees to follow all rules and regulations of the Xavier School Pay Parking Facility (or car park) and will be responsible for his/her passenger/s and their actions.
5) The vehicle owner/driver and their passenger/s must wait at the designated waiting/fetching area located at the ground floor. NO ONE will be allowed to stay inside the vehicle nor at the 2nd and 3rd levels while parked in the car park.
6) The Xavier School Pay Parking Facility is not a depository of the vehicle and is not responsible for any damage to or loss of said vehicle or any of its accessories, articles left therein.
7) The vehicle owner/driver shall be held liable for any damage s/he and or his/her vehicle may cause to the car park, other person/s and vehicles or other properties inside the car park.
8) No vehicle shall be allowed to exit the car park without surrendering the parking ticket. The parking ticket should not be left inside the vehicle as it is conclusive proof of ownership as far as the car park operator is concerned. A fine of P300.00 in addition to the regular parking fee as determined at the exit booth shall be charged for the loss of the ticket. The vehicle owner/ driver shall be required to present a photo ID.
9) A vehicle left in the car park for more than twenty four (24) hours without prior arrangement with the parking management, shall be reported to the authorities for impounding or proper action.
To wean drivers/fetchers into the parking system, our security guard will be issuing a numbered card to each vehicle as it enters the car park. The driver is expected to surrender this card when he exits the facility. Again, ONLY those with the current Xavier Car Sticker (SY2014-2015) will be allowed entry into the car park.
For those of you who wish to purchase a Xavier car park sticker, you may do so at the Accounting office from Monday to Friday between 7:30 am and 3:30 pm.
Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Fr. Aristotle C. Dy, SJ