November 28, 2014
Dear Parents of Grade 4-6 Students,
Greetings of peace on the occasion of the upcoming feast day of our school patron, St. Francis Xavier!
As you know, St. Francis Xavier is the patron saint for missions. This is so because in his great zeal and love for the Lord, St. Francis Xavier traveled across the globe from Spain to France, Portugal, Africa, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, and finally, Shangchuan, China as a missionary, bringing the love and Word of God to different peoples.
We will begin our celebration of his feast day on December 3 with a Mass, followed by special activities for the different grade levels as we trace St. Francis Xavier’s journey across the globe, celebrate his work, and reflect on how we can continue his mission today.
To help your son have a meaningful celebration, please note the following:
- Attire: Grades 4 to 6 students are asked to come in their khaki pants, rubber shoes, and assigned-color shirts (G4 – green, G5 – blue, G6 – violet; those who do not have the prescribed color may wear a plain white shirt instead). They may wear the colored shirts for the rest of the day. G4 to G6 students are also asked to bring handkerchiefs that will be used at certain portions of the Mass.
- In line with our outreach efforts which benefit ERDA Tech’s Feeding Program, students are asked to bring their assigned item below on or before December 3, Wednesday:
- G4 – one can of sardines (any size, any brand)
- G5 – one can of corned beef (any size, any brand)
- G6 – one can of luncheon meat (any size, any brand)
- The special activities require some adjustments in the students’ schedule and these in turn affect their recess and lunch breaks. Note that Grades 5 and 6 students should bring recess and lunch food on this day as they will not have a chance to buy from the canteen.
|Grade 4||2:10 PM|
|Grades 5 and 6||2:30 PM|
Thank you for your cooperation.
Mrs. Jane C. Cacacho