02 February 2015
Dear Grade 10 Parents and Students,
In a few weeks, students will be asked to enlist in the subjects they would like to take in preparation for college. We advise you sit together to discuss which strand they would like to pursue and which courses best suit their abilities, skills, interests and education goals.
You may download the Course Selection Guide by clicking on the link below, to help you in deciding what subjects to enroll in next school year. (Note: You need to be logged in to your XS account to be able to access the file.)
- Be familiar with the form. Look at the Course Planning Form and read the instructions. You will need to choose one course from each the learning areas.
- Find out more information. Read the course descriptions provided in the document entitled “Xavier Senior High School Course Descriptions” at https://drive.google.com/a/xs.edu.ph/file/d/0B1y4gx-6UNUGOGs1UEdOdWpxX2M/view?usp=sharing. (Note: You need to be logged in to your XS account to be able to access the file.) You may also consult with the senior high school teachers and department chairpersons if you want to find out more about these courses.
- Reflect on your interests, abilities, and future plans. Think about your performance in various subjects. What are your strengths and weaknesses? What do you like to learn about? Choose subjects that reflect your strengths and interests. Think also about your future plans. Discuss these things with your parents for guidance and support. Finally, review sample course selections on the next page to see how you to choose courses and give reasons for your preferences.
- Fill out the Course Planning Form and submit it to your Class Adviser by Wednesday, February 11, 2015. (Note: Reply Slip and Course Planning Form are attached to the printed copy of the circular which was released Wednesday, 04 February 2015)
- We will assign courses to you based on your preferences. However, given some logistical concerns, there is a possibility that you will be assigned courses which you listed as your second preference. You will be informed of your final course assignment in March.
Mrs. Ma. Theresa Ladrido
Asst. Principal for Academics (Senior HS)
Ms. Aimee Apolinario
High School Principal
Fr. Aristotle Dy, S.J.