February 14 is coming — Valentine’s Day. But some people are crying instead of smiling. Some people are frowning. Brokenhearted? Maybe.
So here is a list of songs and movies that reflect pain, hurt, and a lot of love.
- Someone Like You by Adele. ‘Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead’ a line from the song which is about love that can make you happy or can make you feel hurt.
- When I was Your Man by Bruno Mars. ‘ But she’s dancing with another man’. It is a line from the song that is all about wasting your chance and realizing it too late.
- 12:51 by Krissy and Ericka. ‘I’m slowly drowning in memories of him’. It’s all about a girl who can’t move on.
- Let Her Go by Passenger. ‘Only know you love her when you let her go’ It’s all about appreciating the one you love, realizing you love that person when he is already gone.
- ‘I was willing to wait. Kaya lang napagod ako — napagod ang puso ko na maghintay, magtanong, magalit.” A line from the character of Piolo Pascual in the movie Starting Over Again. A movie that is all about love that can’t be the same as the way it was before. A movie about closure, that not all love stories live happy fairytale endings.
- ‘The heart remembers what the mind forgets.’ A quote that is related to the movie The Vow. A movie that is all about forgetting the man of your life. But because of love, slowly you remember him.
- The movie ‘A Walk to Remember’ “Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful.’ A movie that is all about love, sacrifice and hope. Loving a person who is sick, dying. Hoping that she will still get cured and you will sacrifice everything for her.
This Valentine’s day, some people tend to be very sad maybe because of so much pain they feel. They are not happy because all the happy moments or memories were replaced by sad moments or memories. However, songs will either comfort you or strengthen the pain you are feeling. And as lovers, we really want to feel the pain because that is the time we realize, we did love.