27 February 2015
Dear High 4 Parents & Students,
Please be informed that, in compliance with the mandate of the Department of Education, ALL High 4 students nationwide will be taking the National Achievement Test (NAT) on THURSDAY, 05 MARCH 2015, from 7:30 A.M. to 2:45 P.M. at Xavier School. Batch picture talking will follow at the GS Quadrangle right after NAT, from 2:45 – 4:30 P.M. Dismissal of High 4 students on this day is 4:30 P.M.
In preparation for the test, please remind your son of the following:
- Come to school early. Absentees will be required to submit a letter of explanation to the school, which will be endorsed to the Department of Education.
- Proceed to your assigned testing rooms at the 5th Floor of the HS Building or at the AVR. The list of room assignments will be posted outside the H4 classrooms.
- Wear complete uniform.
- Bring at least two (2) No. 2 pencils (mechanical pencils are strictly not allowed), an eraser, and a blank sheet of bond paper to be used as scratch paper.
- Be aware of the family’s estimated annual income as there might be an item in the examinee’s data questionnaire that requires this information. A general estimate is all that is needed, not an exact figure.
- Eat a hearty breakfast and bring food/drinks for snacks as there will only be 10 minutes for recess at around 9:50 A.M. However, food will still be available at the HS canteen for a 1-hour lunch break.
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before the test.
- Take the test seriously.
Your encouragement of your son and support for this important activity will be deeply appreciated since the results of this will be valuable information not only to Xavier School, but also more importantly to the educational system of our country.
Ms. Aimee A. Apolinario