Dear Xavier Community,
In line with the alarming issue of lack of healthy blood in the country, the Red Cross Youth Council will be hosting the annual blood donation event on August 20, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. It will be held in the Multi-Purpose Center.
The entire process usually takes 15-20 minutes, so please take your schedule into consideration when deciding on what time to donate blood.
Also, please read the requirements, and follow the steps below.
You can only donate blood if you…
1. are in good health.
2. are between 16 to 65 years old (16 and 17 years old need parent’s consent).
3. weigh at least 110 pounds.
4. have a blood pressure between: Systolic: 90-160 mmHg, Diastolic: 60-100 mmHg.
5. pass the physical and health history assessments.
Preparation before donating blood:
1. Have enough rest and sleep.
2. No alcohol intake 24 hours prior to blood donation.
3. No medications for at least 24 hours prior to blood donation.
4. Have something to eat prior to blood donation, avoid fatty food.
5. Drink plenty of fluid, like water or juice.
More information on http://www.redcross.org.ph/get-involved/give-blood/how-to-donate
If you are a Senior High School student, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your parent’s consent form.
Thank you and hoping for your support!
Mrs. Cheyenne Gonzales
Mr. Jean T. Reniva
Mr. Alvin L. Ang
Asst. Principal for Formation
Ms. Aimee A. Apolinario