20 August 2015
Dear Grade 9 Parents,
Greetings! Please be informed that, in compliance with the mandate of the Department of Education, all Grade 9 students will be taking the National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE) on WEDNESDAY, 26 AUGUST 2015, from 7:30 A.M. to 4:50 P.M. at Xavier School.
In preparation for the test, please remind your son of the following:
- Come to school early. Absentees will be required to submit a letter of explanation to the school, which in turn will be endorsed to the Department of Education. Absentees will be required to take the test at a later date in another venue.
- Wear their complete uniform.
- Bring at least two (2) No. 2 pencils (mechanical pencils are not allowed) and a blank sheet of bond paper to be used as scratch paper.
- Be aware of the family’s estimated annual income as there is one item in the examinee’s data questionnaire that requires this information. A general estimate is all that is needed, not an exact figure.
- Bring snacks as they will only be allowed 10 minutes for recess.
- Get a good night’s sleep the night before the test and eat a hearty breakfast on the test day itself.
- Take the test seriously as you may both use the test results in discussing his career options.
- Dismissal on AUGUST 26 is at 5:00 P.M.
- We will observe the DAY 7 schedule the next day, AUGUST 27.
Your encouragement of your son and support for this important activity will be deeply appreciated.
Ms. Aimee A. Apolinario