On October 18–25, 2015, the church will celebrate the 28th Prison Awareness Week with this year’s theme “Lord, grant that I may see you clearly, love you more dearly in the poor, and follow you more nearly…”. Various activities are lined up for the celebration that includes immersion of different members of the free society in New Bilibid Prison particularly in the different camps and distribution of basic personal necessities to the inmates.
With the increasing number of inmates at the New Bilibid Prison (population of 22,800 as of June 2015), this work continues to this day given that the needs are also increasing since majority are visitorless, indigent, sick, and old. The Philippine Jesuit Prison Service Foundation, Inc.-PJPSFI’s goal is to increase our funding to increase our beneficiaries by 50% of the total population during the weeklong celebration. In order to continue making a difference, it is important for this year’s project to be a success.
With this, we wish to invite you to share with us the hopes and joys of a holistic rehabilitation program that goes beyond mere punishment for the offenders by supporting either cash or donating loot bags. The following suggested contents in the loot bags:
– Toiletries (e.g. bath soap, laundry soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste)
– Personal Hygienic Accessories (e.g. face/bath towel, underwear, slippers, plain white shirt)
– Food Items (e.g. rice, canned goods, biscuits, 3in1 coffee, powdered milk, eggs)
– Over the Counter Medicines (OTC)
In return of your generosity, we grant you to the following privileges:
– Acknowledgement during the event and in other activities related to our celebration.
– Inclusion on email promotions and in social networking media.
– Inclusion in our promo ads and in our October newsletter issue.
Moreover, we also invite you, your family members and friends to visit New Bilibid Prison during the week-long celebration to gain experiential knowledge on the issues hounding the prison.
Should you need additional information, you may contact our Programs Officer Mr. Henry B. Palmones Jr. through Tel. No. 659-0513 / 710-3817 / 0927-3468-076 or email him at email@example.com.
Thank you and we look forward to collaborate with you in this celebration of joy, hope and prayer.
Fr. Eli Rowdy Y. Lumbo, SJ