August 5, 2016
Dear Parents, Students, Faculty and Staff, Fellow Alumni;
We would like to invite all artists, art and food lovers to the Xavier Art Fest 2 on October 1, 2016 from 11 am to 8 pm at the Multi Purpose Center. Renowned art galleries, schools, art groups and organizations have been invited to share their affordable art works and collections for sale and appreciation by the Xavier community. This is a chance to meet artists, gallery owners, and fellow art lovers.
Learn and appreciate art in a relaxing environment complemented by food, live music and fun activities which will be available throughout the event. Expect to enjoy a new experience that will overload your sight and senses. Entrance is FREE to all parents and students from both Xavier School and ICA. Please make sure to present your ID at the entrance gate.
The highlight of this event will be the awarding of the winners of the 2nd XS Art Competition. Xavier School is searching for its most gifted artists! XS Art aims to develop the creativity and artistic talent of Xaverians. The competition is open to students currently enrolled in Xavier School from Grade 1 to 12, alumni, parents, and current/former faculty and staff. These are the five (5) divisions and their categories:
- Grade 1 to 3 – Drawing Only
- Grade 4 to 6 – Drawing, and Painting (Watercolor, and Oil/Acrylic)
- Grade 7 to 9 – Drawing, Painting (Watercolor, and Oil/Acrylic) and Sculpture
- Grade 10 to 12 – Drawing, Painting (Watercolor, and Oil/Acrylic) and Sculpture
- Open (Alumni, Parent, Siblings, Faculty and Staff) – Oil/Acrylic, Watercolor, and Sculpture. Siblings below 18 (date of reference is October 1, 2016) will have the following divisions and categories:
- For ages 6-12 yrs. old: Drawing or Painting (Watercolor, and Oil/Acrylic)
- For ages 13-17 yrs. old: Drawing, Painting (Watercolor, and Oil/Acrylic) or Sculpture
Exciting prizes await the category winners from first to third place while all first place winners (Xavier students only) will get to throw a PIZZA PARTY for their class! Please read the rules and guidelines, fill up an entry form and submit your artwork to the Art Department (for students, faculty and staff), the AAXS office (for alumni) and XSPA office (for parents).
Deadline for submission will be on September 16, 2016. Entry forms are available at the Xavier School Art Department, AAXS office and XSPA office. Downloadable forms are also available here:
For more information and updates, please visit www.facebook.com/Xavierartfest or send an email to email@example.com.
All artworks submitted may be sold during the Xavier Art Fest 2 on October 1, 2016. Proceeds of this event will benefit Para Kay ‘Cher (a medical assistance program for qualified retired teachers of Xavier School) and the AAXS.
(sgd.) (sgd.) (sgd.)
Fr. Aristotle C. Dy, S.J. Dr. John De Guzman Mr. Lorenzo Fuentes
President President Art Department Head
Xavier School AAXS Xavier School