Information on Application for Admission to Kindergarten
School Year 2018 to 2019
- All applicants to Xavier Kindergarten are required to go through the admissions screening process. The purpose of the admissions screening process is to determine whether or not the Early Education Program of Xavier School will be suitable and beneficial to the applicant.
- All applicants are required to undergo Vision and Hearing Screening Tests and a comprehensive medical check-up as part of the screening process.
- Parents will be informed of application results, but details of the actual test scores will remain confidential.
- The applicant should have completed at least one (1) academic year from a preschool prior to his admission at Xavier School.
- All documents required for submission must be complete and correct otherwise the application will not be accepted.
II. GENERAL NORMS
- A boy is evaluated based on his own merits. The following areas will be considered in the screening of the applicant:
- Attention Span – “Can he sit through a 15-30 minute task?”
- Interpersonal Skills – “Can he get along with others?”
- Communication Skills in English and Filipino:
- Comprehension – “Can he understand what is asked of him?
- Expression – “Can he articulate his needs?”
- Competence – “Can he understand and follow directions/instructions?”
- Self-Discipline – “Can he finish a given task on his own?”
- Stress Tolerance – “Can he participate actively in group activities even under the normal pressure of multiple instructions and activities?”
- Basic Literacy and Numeracy – “Does he know letters, numbers and basic shapes?”
- The school also takes the following into account:
- willingness of the parents to collaborate actively with the school in the education and formation of the student (which includes the parents’ acceptance of and compliance with school policies);
- willingness of the applicant and his parents to be involved in important school activities;
- extent to which the applicant’s family is open to and supportive of the Catholic values espoused by the school.
III. AGE REQUIREMENT
Only applicants who are born from July 01, 2012 to June 01, 2013 (between ages 5 years to 6 years old by June 2018) will be allowed to undergo the admissions screening process.
IV. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Letter of Intent to Apply
- Application Form
- Original Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate if baptized in the Roman Catholic Church (original and photocopy)
- Three (3) copies of recent identical 1.5 X 1.5 photos in white background (scanned and computerized pictures not allowed) to be pasted on the following:
- Application Form (1 copy)
- Test Permit
- Health Record Form
- Two (2) copies of recent identical Family Picture in size 4R (scanned and computerized pictures not allowed) to be pasted on the application forms. (Only immediate family members should be in the picture.)
- Recommendation Form
- Vision and Hearing Screening test results
- Health Record Form
- Photocopy of the grades in the First Month/Quarter/Semester of the current school year.
Additional Requirements for Naturalized Filipino, Dual Citizen and Non-Filipino Applicants:
For Naturalized Filipinos: Naturalization Identification Certificate (NIC)
(Original and Photocopy)
For Resident Foreign Applicants (Original and Photocopy)
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR)
- Valid Foreign Passport
- Special Resident Retiree’s Visa (SRRV)
- Special Investor’s Resident Visa (SIRV)
For Dual Citizens or applicants who were born abroad: (Original and Photocopy)
- Identification Certificate of Recognition (ICR)
- Bureau of Immigration Order
- Report of Birth from the Foreign Services of the Philippines – Philippine Consulate
- Valid Foreign Passport
- Valid Philippine Passport
V. APPLICATION PERIOD
August 01 – 31, 2017 : Monday – Friday: 7:45 AM – 3:00 PM (No lunch break)
Saturday : 8:30 – 11:00 AM
September 16, 2017 : Deadline for Submission of Required Documents
Application and Testing Fee : Php 1,000.00 (Non-Refundable)
VI. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Go to www.xs.edu.ph and download the following forms:
Kinder Admission Policy
Student Health record
a. Application Form for Admission to Kindergarten
The Application Form for Admission to Kindergarten may be filled out directly on your computers. See instructions on how to fill out the document on the form. Print the accomplished application form on a US Letter (8.5 X 11 inches) sized bond paper
b. Health Record Form
The Health Record Form should be filled out by your physician (and specialist for children with special medical conditions). Kindly print the form on an 8.5 X13 inches bond paper.
c. Recommendation Form
The Recommendation Form should be filled out by the school head or teacher of your child’s current school. This form must be submitted in a sealed envelope. Kindly print the form on an 8.5 X13 inches bond paper.
2. Attach all requirements (Please refer to Part IV. Required Documents) to the accomplished application form and submit these to the Registrar’s Office. A letter of authorization is required if the application will be submitted by someone other than the parent. Note that on the day of submission, the authorized representative will be asked to encode important data on a computer.
3. Encode other requested data. You will be issued a payment slip after encoding.
4. Bring the payment slip to the Cashier at the Accounting Office and pay the application fee of Php 1,000.00. You will be issued an Official Receipt.
5. Present the Official Receipt back to the Registrar’s Office to complete the application process. The schedule of your son’s test will be sent to the email address you provided the school.
VII. ISSUANCE OF TEST PERMIT
- Print the emailed Test Permit on 8.5 inches x 11 inches bond paper, cut cross-wise and attach the applicant’s recent 1.5 inches x 1.5 inches photo.
- Make sure to bring the Test Permit on the scheduled testing date.
VIII. ADMISSIONS TEST
- Applicants are expected to report to the TESTING AND RESEARCH CENTER (TRC) at least ten (10) minutes before the scheduled test. Latecomers will not be entertained.
- Request for rescheduling of the test will not be granted. Likewise, tardiness due to heavy traffic, forgotten schedule, etc. are not considered valid reasons.
- Testing may be rescheduled only if:
- the applicant is sick (a medical certificate from the attending physician is required);
- there is death in the family; or
- Xavier School calls off classes/offices due to inclement weather or other unforeseen events.
- In case the applicant refuses to enter the examination room, rescheduling of the test may be accommodated. However, if the applicant fails to enter the examination room after being given three (3) chances, his application will automatically be cancelled.
IX. RELEASE OF THE APPLICATION RESULT
Application results will be emailed to the parents of the applicant. The parents are encouraged to regularly check their emails after the admissions test of their sons. Results will not be released over the telephone.
X. ENROLLMENT RESERVATION (FOR ACCEPTED APPLICANTS)
For applicants who have been accepted, the parents are required to pay a reservation fee, which signifies their intention to enroll their son in Xavier School. The acceptance letter will include instructions on how to make the reservation and other pertinent details. For concerns regarding this, please see the School Treasurer.
XI. SECTION ASSIGNMENTS FOR ACCEPTED APPLICANTS
- The school reserves the right to assign accepted applicants to either a morning or an afternoon session. The first seventy-five (75) applicants who place a reservation will be given priority in the morning session.
- The temporary section assignments will be posted during the enrollment in May 2018.
Prepared by: Noted by:
Mrs. Josefina R. Galvez Fr. Aristotle C. Dy, S.J.
School Registrar School President